Friday, June 20, 2008

Gold Star Cincinatti Chili


You will either love this stuff, or hate it. I fell in love with Cincinatti Chili a while back when living in Orlando with a few room-mates. A friend of Ashley's would come over from time to time and make Cincinatti Chili for us (Lisa, if you are reading this, you will remember John making this). Well, its not like "chili".... its thin and its served over spaghetti with shredded cheddar. Well now, everytime Bill is in Cincinatti, I ask him to bring some home,,, and I scored today! The pregnant girl is happy, I love this stuff. Bill is on his way home with my Cincinatti Chili,,, I'm easily pleased! :)

4 comments:

the bump chronicles said...

SHuT UP!!! my wedding this past weekend actually had this, skyline chili, as apart of their menu....i'm sorry but I was not a fan! I couldn't get past the shredded beef and cinnamon taste. too funny!!!

Heather said...

I had this in Cincinatti with a guy I thought I might date once. I liked it, but was expecting real chili and felt betrayed by the noodles and thin sauce. I never gave the guy a chance, but I would definitely give the chili another try.

Jovina and Bill said...

haha! Too funny,, Wes, thats what I was saying you either like it or hate it,,, and Heather, yeah, if your expecting like "real southern chili" youre gonna get REALLY disappointed cause like u said, its very thin and not at all like regular chili. Me,,,I dig it :)

Anonymous said...

I do remember John's chili and I crave it from time to time. Too funny! It's so different than regular chili but I think we knew that when we first ate it so we weren't expecting it to taste like chili. Yum, I want some now. :) ~Lisa