Monday, November 19, 2007

Reality Check

Well, Bill left for Captain training today. It did not dawn on me that his days of flying as a First Officer are officially over until I saw the above image. I came home from work, walked into one of our guest rooms that Bill uses as his office and I saw his FO cap with his wings and epaullettes sitting there. To me, it looked very strange becuase he flew his last trip as an FO last week and I didnt realize it until now. A part of me felt sad, I'm not real sure why becuase this upgrade will be a very good thing for both of us. So now, it's back to training which will last 6 weeks or so. Then sitting reserve in Atlanta living at the grace of crew scheduling (the pilots call them "screw" scheduling cause,, well you get the picture) and working his way back up the seniority ladder. A long yet rewarding process this has been for Bill. I'm so proud of him and for those of you that know us well, know that this has been a LONG time coming for him. We are not real sure what his schedule will be like for the next couple of weeks, but for now it is Monday thru Friday in class, which means we will have saturdays together for now cause he will have to leave on Sunday afternoons to make sure he gets there in time. I miss him already, but I am also very excited for him!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We too are very excited for the Billy boy! At least we all know that weekend romance marriages can work for at least 2 months!! :) It was not easy but we made it work. At least you know this is a rewarding wait. :)