Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

I asked my sister a question last night while we attended Mass for Holy Thursday. I asked her "I wonder why we call it Good Friday, when it's the day that Jesus died on the cross for us"? What's so good about that anyway? He died. But after some reading and research I learned that traditionally it was called Black Friday which makes a little more sense to me. I wish I were home with my family right now to focus more on what actually happend today 2000 years ago. It's unimaginable to me, so in my own way, all I can do is pray, reflect and hope that I come somewhat close to knowing what Jesus went through to forgive our sins. It is my hope that I can bring my own family (including myself) closer to Jesus and his love. I owe everything in my life to him and he is always there for me when I need him. I am thankful that I have him in my life and I am thankful for every single blessing he has given me. I love you blessed Jesus. When I stray, send me reminders that I need to be closer to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely said! All is beautifully said!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.