Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's the Final Countdown

Well,,, it hit me last night while talking to Bill that things are really coming FAST! We've got 7 weeks and 1 day to go til our due date. Our baby shower is next weekend, and we still have a ton of things to do to get ready for Liam's arrival. While Bill says he is so excited for Liam's arrival I can't help but wonder if he's a little nervous too? I did ask him and he said yes, but it was a "good" nervous. I've been around a few babies (4 actually) in my immediate family so I think my "mommy" instincts will kick in pretty naturally, that part I'm not that worried about. What I am worried about is my lack of sleep when we bring Liam home from the hospital. Im the type of person that NEEDS sleep to function properly but from what I hear I can hang that up for a good 4 weeks or so....Where there's a will, there's a way though right? I have to keep telling myself that. :)
Other than painful feet and night sweats, and a sour tummy now and then things have been going great! I still have mild contractions every day or so, but only a few. I noticed my belly dropping a bit which must mean things are getting close. Some close to us are convinced the little guy is going to make an early apperance,, we have a bet going on in my office, so far they are saying Oct. 15 and Oct. 17. Im saying about 10 days early on Oct 20th...... we will see. As long as he is healthy, I dont care when he comes as long as he doesnt come late! :) Thats is for now,,, I'll try to get an updated pic up soon, maybe when Bill comes home this weekend.
Jo, and Baby Liam

7 comments:

the bump chronicles said...

Amen! I think my sleep is what I'm most worried about as well. I need at least 8 hours. I guess I can kiss those 8 hours goodbye!! We're almost there!!!

my email address is wknetzer@gmail.com

Heather said...

Jovina, you can call me names and tell me to stick it, but I haven't slept in 5 years and I don't think it's going to change anytime soon.

On the bright side, while you are wide awake there is nothing in the world that compares to the sight of your sleeping or nursing baby. The memory of it makes me get teary eyed.

And ACK!! I better get knitting if he decides to come sooner than later...Keep cool! Can't wait to meet Liam!

Jovina and Bill said...

Heather- You're so funny,,, SLeep is over rated anyway isnt it? Who needs it? :)
You're second paragraph really made me smile,, I cant wait!

jerry said...

Hey guys, when my wife came home from the hospital, I was in charge of the little guys at night.
So Bill, just be the good Dad and enjoy fatherhood.

the bump chronicles said...

how have you been feeling?!

the bump chronicles said...

I'm so glad you have been feeling well!!

The past few days have been a whirl wind. Thursday we ended having to go to Sacred Heart. I was having between 6-8 contracts every hour. But because I wasn't dilated and I'm 35 weeks, they sent me home...which I knew they would. Yesterday I had contractions and low back pain all day. And...the nesting has arrived in full force! Our poor dogs think I've gone mad. There officially isn't anything left for me to clean/organize!

Who knows!!

Tara and Jeff said...

They moved my due up too ! Nov 16th instead of the 23rd. Everyone tells me sooners as well...hang in there!